- $50.00/half-hour, $100.00/hour
- For weekly students, tuition is billed by semester as follows: Fall Semester: mid-August through December; Spring Semester: January through May; Summer Session: June through early August.
- Single-payment, two-payment, and four-payment options are available in the spring and fall semesters.
- A fee of $15 will be charged for any tuition payment received more than seven days after the due date.
- A fee of $30 will be charged for each returned check.
- If know you must miss a lesson, please call or text at (520) 878-0363 or email . FOR A CANCELLATION ON THE DAY OF YOUR LESSON, please only call or text Brian at (520) 878-0363.
- Cancellations for credit or non-payment are not allowed.
- If I need to miss a lesson, I will contact you at least 48 hours ahead of time to reschedule or give you a makeup voucher.
- Unless you hear otherwise, I teach on all mid-semester school and bank holidays, except for Thanksgiving Day.
- Provided a student gives more than 48 hours notice of any absence, the student will receive a voucher good for one makeup lesson to be taken within the next sixty days. This makeup lesson will be in addition to regularly-scheduled lessons (ie, extending a half-hour lesson to a one-hour lesson, or having two lessons in a given week). The student is responsible for contacting me to schedule a makeup lesson before the expiration of the voucher. A makeup lesson can be taken BEFORE a planned absence.
- Whenever there are upcoming openings in my schedule, I will notify you by email. If you have a makeup voucher that is about to expire, and you canít find an opening that works, please tell me. I will find a slot for you.
- If less than 48-hour cancellation notice is given for any reason, the lesson is forfeited by the student, and no makeup lesson will be scheduled. There will be no exceptions to this policy.
- No cash refunds will be made under any circumstances.
- The student must own, rent, or have access to the instruments studied in lessons. Also necessary for daily practice is a metronome, a music stand, and earplugs (for loud snare drum, drum set, and bells). The student must bring a notebook, the necessary sticks, and appropriate method books to every lesson. It is not necessary for the student to bring an instrument to the lesson unless it needs tuning or repair.
- For your convenience, I sell nearly all of the lesson materials that I require. I also have many instruments available for rent, at much lower rates than local music stores. Before purchasing any percussion equipment or supplies, please talk to me first. I can often save you a great deal of money by finding the highest-quality product from the lowest-priced source. This usually means sending you to one of two stores in Tucson:
- Rainbow Guitars, 2512 North Campbell Avenue, 325-3376. When making any purchase there, talk to Clay, and please mention that you are my student; an additional discount will often apply.
- Instrumental Music Center, 7063 E Speedway, 733-7334, and 405 E Wetmore, 408-8003. The owners, Leslie and Mike Faltin, will serve you well.
- I have an ever-expanding library of instructional videos, books, and recordings that students can borrow free for one week at a time.
- It is important for the student to commit to daily practice. The amount of time per day depends on each studentís goals and should never be less than 15 minutes per day.